Friday, March 11, 2011

progress on the foster-parent front

Had my final homestudy visit yesterday, and basically everything is going to be written up and we are looking at a DCYF approval at the end of this month. There may or there may not be an immediate placement. And who knows what the placement will be.

But yes, sometime in the very near future there will be an infant in this house. Last week I went out and hit consignment shops and craigslist for basic supplies - car set, stroller, swing, pack & play, plus some infant toys.

Now I'm on to the cloth diaper investigation and acquisition. I had to break down and order a new battery for my laptop, so while up on amazon, some bath towels and bottles and a warmer found their way in my cart.

I still have to choose a pediatrician, and interview some more daycares and babysitters. But yup, school and baby, heading into exams and a busy summer full of classes and clinicals as well. But I know this is something I can do.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are so brave. As much as I want a child right now, foster care scares the bejeebers out of me. Good luck and hopefully you will have someone home soon!

    ReplyDelete